Friday, August 6, 2010

Chillin' with My Possy

For those of you who have been asking about Possum, here is what he's been up to lately:


Not much, actually. Besides pilfering kibble from the older cats' food bowls, he likes to chase his new toy, Da Bird,  a feather teaser on string and a fiberglas rod. The feather cluster flies and swoops realistically once the controlling human gets the hang of it. Wendy loves it and is good at nailing it in mid-flight, catching it with both paws and holding it fast (as I jerk it, to mimic a desperate birdie) until she can get it into her mouth to carry it off. Possum is either less skilled at hunting or more kind-spirited; he lets Da Bird escape.

But it still wears him out, as you can see:


I've been continuing his musical education, focusing mostly on classic rock and pop. He likes Eric Clapton, Dick Dale, and the Beatles, so he's coming along nicely. 

And he obliged me by belting out Patsy Cline's "Walking After Midnight," the other day; he may look like he's yawning in this photo, but he's actually singing the chorus of that country-western favorite:

1 comment:

  1. My cat was diagnosed with rign worm. Booooo :( He's been on Fluconazole for a month, but still itching, and I just found a raw, hairless area tonight! Did your cats have these spots? Did the lime sulfur dips finally end up working for you? So curious for your imput on how to save my kitty from misery~

    ReplyDelete

I welcome comments. I review them and do my best to follow up if you have a question. I delete spam, attempts to market other websites, and anything nasty. I'm sorry about the word verification but I get spam-bombed without it. Thanks for your patience — and please do leave your comment!