Thursday, September 2, 2010

Possum Sings the Blues

Possum spent most of the day brooding in the sink. Some of us do our best thinking in the shower; I guess the sink bowl works for him.


Snicky was hopping mad about this. She likes to drink from the running faucet as often as she can. And she can't do it when there's 14 pounds of fur-covered windbag napping in the bowl. This is a family blog, so I can't quote her exact comments, made eloquently with her baleful orange eyes throughout the afternoon. But if cats could stomp their feet, kick things, and roll their eyes, she'd have been at it.

Possum was eventually inspired to climb out of the bowl and belt out a soulful interpretation of "Try a Little Tenderness." I gather that the cats watched The Commitments when we were on vacation; Possum's musical education is progressing nicely. I'm sorry I wasn't able record his song, but I was able to snap a photo of him coming down off a particularly expressive high note:


I can't wait to hear his rendition of "The Dark End of the Street."

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Just wanted to say "hi" - I stumbled across your fabulous blog while searching for a sailor shirt today and immediately felt that I had found a kindred spirit. I live in Richmond and seem to have a lot of the same tastes as you including a devotion to Paris, architecture and houses, and food! I'm really enjoying your blog and just wanted to say hello.

=)

Kathryn

A Proper Bostonian said...

Kathryn, thanks for your kind words! I'm always just thrilled when people write in an say they enjoy reading what they find here. I tend to be all over the place in terms of subjects, so you must be a kindred spirit indeed! Keep in touch, please! APB