Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve in Boston

We went for a walk around Beacon Hill this afternoon, just for some air and exercise. Here are a few photos of scenes we liked:

Lots of handsome wreaths on equally handsome old doors.

1970's ceramic trees — just like my mom used to make — in Twentieth Century's window.

There are plenty of amazing non-Garden Club wreaths out there....

It seems that this condo association couldn't
agree on the holiday decor, so someone slapped red bows
on a pair of mismatched wreaths and called it a compromise.

This bust of Franklin has been in this Chestnut Street window since I
moved to Boston 30 years ago. I love his necktie!

Acorn Street, decked out for the holidays.

I might have made these Garden Club wreaths, or not. 
At this point, it's all a blur, although my fingers are still recovering.

This is Tom and Gisele's house. Nice wreaths, but there was a 
pair of robins nibbling something in each of their urns. 
Four fat robins in December! It must be a good omen.

This is one of a pair of wreaths I made for a friend. 
They look great in her wrought iron and dark wooden doorway.

Before I take off for Christmas Eve dinner at Eastern Standard, I want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas, and report that I failed miserably at my attempts to wrap three of the four cats. (Wendy wouldn't even hear of the idea, of course.) Better luck next year!

2 comments:

annie said...

Your photos capture the area perfectly. And your wreath-making is stunning.

The best I could do is line up various pine cones and a festive red egg paperweight on a windowsill (grin).

My two MCoons have been lurking under a houseplant as no Xmas tree is here to redecorate. But with Dustin the nasal trumpeter (abandoned and rescued with a plastic airway obstruction needing emergency treatment thankyouverymuch)on my lap and intently viewing my laptop, I showed him your lovely Wendy and Possum views. He was entranced.

Have a wonderful holiday!

Your cat and human fans over by the Charles River.

Teri and the cats of Furrydance said...

We all have blessings, each and every day...one of mine is blogging and visiting with you...May your Christmas be Merry and your New Year bright!