Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Cat vs. Furry Hot Water Bottle


(Cat, left. Pottery Barn Faux-Fur Hot Water Bottle, right.)

Cat: always warm, always furry.  WINNER
Bottle: warm for 12 hours when full of hot water, always furry.

Cat: very cute, purrs. WINNER
Bottle: less cute, despite little pom-poms. Doesn't purr.

Cat: wanders off, ignoring warming duties.
Bottle: stays wherever you put it. WINNER

Cat: needs love, food, water, clean litter box, medical care, playtime, toys, friends.
Bottle: needs a kettle of boiling water. TIE

Cat: thermal-regulating, will move away when you're both roasting.  WINNER
Bottle: always hot, easily mistaken for hot, immovable cat when you're asleep.

Cat: generally not prone to leakage. WINNER
Bottle: eventually prone to spectacular leakage.

Cat: comes in unlimited sizes, colors, patterns. WINNER
Bottle: choice of brown or ivory.

Cat: $0 to about $1800 to buy. Somewhat costly to maintain. Priceless to have.
Bottle: $29 at Pottery Barn.  TIE

Cat: easily obtainable from shelters, catteries, Petfinder.com, etc. WINNER
Bottle: only available in season.

Cat: decorative and companionable when not in use. WINNER
Bottle: just sits there. 

Score:  Cat: 9   Bottle: 3

2 comments:

  1. This is really cute. Do you mind if I quote you in my blog? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Valerie! No problem! Thank you for reading and commenting... APB

    ReplyDelete

I welcome comments. I review them and do my best to follow up if you have a question. I delete spam, attempts to market other websites, and anything nasty or unintelligible. If you're having problems posting, please let me know if you can. I'm going to take off word verification for now and see if I still get spam-bombed. Thanks for your reading — and please do leave your comment!