Thursday, November 1, 2012

Fenway Studios Open House this Weekend

The artists of the Fenway Studios, at 30 Ipswich Street, are having their annual open house this Saturday and Sunday, November 3 and 4, from 11 am to 5 pm. I haven't seen any publicity for it this year, so I thought I'd do my bit here. This is an opportunity to meet a number of Boston artists in their live-in studios, and see their work as well s their workspaces — in a wonderful, landmark building designed for the purpose in 1905. Both the artists and the architecture have plenty of eccentricity and charm.

Download the brochure here.

We went to the open house for the first time last year, on both days, and made a few more trips there to talk further with artists and pick up a couple of paintings we'd bought. Because we keep hoping to move, we didn't manage to unwrap and hang the paintings until a couple of weeks ago, and they look great, so the Fenway artists have been on my mind. I'm glad I remembered that their open house is traditionally the first weekend in November. It's one of those rare, really-good things about November. (I will try to come up with a list of other really-good things about November but it's always an exhausting endeavor.)

It's a quick walk to Fenway Studios from the Hynes Auditorium stop on the Green Line. Cross Mass. Ave. at Boylston Street, and make a right by St. Clement's Shrine. The building is at 30 Ipswich Street, facing the Mass. Pike.

In the meantime, you might as well have a look at what's-his-name, who is still trapped in the office and bored with reading the reference materials we thoughtfully provided:




1 comment:

  1. Hi, Be sure to stop by Melody Phaneuf's studio, #201,

    Beautiful work and a gorgeous end studio.

    Martha DiMeo

    ReplyDelete

I welcome comments. I review them and do my best to follow up if you have a question. I delete spam, attempts to market other websites, and anything nasty. I'm sorry about the word verification but I get spam-bombed without it. Thanks for your patience — and please do leave your comment!