Saturday, October 4, 2008

My Boyfriend

We met years ago, at his ground-floor apartment on Beacon Hill. He lives on the last steep slope of my exercise route. We bonded instantly, and now we see each other as often as our schedules allow. He has tawny hair, intelligent eyes, and an endearing habit of flopping on his back, waving his feet in the air, and blinking his baby blues at me.

My husband is tolerant of our relationship, a cosmopolitan attitude that I find rather attractive. They've met a few times and had civil exchanges. But my boyfriend and I are devoted to each other. (Just don't tell that possessive roommate of his, the dame who keeps him locked up behind the screen and the barred window.)

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    Your "boyfriend" is a beauty! I miss our cats (Maine Coon). Both dead now. They were a lot of fun. I painted Pepper several times (one is for my own personal collection), but never did get anything done of Sissy.

    Too bad about the Red Sox. It would have been tough to keep it going without Beckett healthy, though. I don't like what I'm hearing about Tom Brady, either! Scary.

    Brian

    ReplyDelete

Unless you are spamming me about, say, Skype, I love getting comments and do my best to follow up if you have a question. I delete ALL spam, attempts to market other websites, and anything nasty or unintelligible. The cats and I thank you for reading — and please do leave a comment that isn't spam, etc.