Monday, March 23, 2009

Best of Boston Signage

Recent trips around Boston led me past two memorable examples of signage:

First, the Yawkey Center for Cancer Care construction site, made into a thing of wonder by the ironworkers' spray-painted tribute to the children getting treatment across the street at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. There were children's names posted on the Farber's windows the morning I was there, but I wasn't lucky enough see workers with cans of paint. 

I can't do justice to how extraordinary it is to see this in person. I'll just say that it feels more powerful than anything I've ever experienced in a church. The Boston Globe had an excellent feature about it last month.



On a lighter note, the General Hooker sign at the State House never seems to get old. I'm not sure where the entrance is for Crooks, Bribe-Takers, and Unindicted Felons. That would be the staff entrance, I presume.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments and do my best to follow up if you have a question. I delete spam, attempts to market other websites, and anything nasty or unintelligible. The cats and I thank you for reading — and please do leave a comment that isn't spam, etc.