Wednesday, August 5, 2009

An Emailing Feline?

I came home tonight to find that Someone had been at my desk, reading my email (or sitting on my laptop). It was not my husband, so the usual suspects all have long, fluffy tails.

The perpetrator had opened a notice from the Boston Public Library six times. I admit that I have no idea how to open the same message multiple times on my desktop in Entourage (if you succeed, do let me know).

The Someone had also crafted a reply:


I don't speak Cat, or any other foreign language. I wish I did. Speaking Cat would be even more wonderful than speaking Italian. I don't think that my own lack of foreign-language skills should prevent my cats from communicating with others. For all I know, this is meaningful correspondence in Cat. Just because I don't know what it means doesn't mean that it doesn't mean something. (Did you get that? See? I can barely speak English.) I can't fathom my cats' activities, thoughts, or speeches 90% of the time.

I'm clearly not very bright, and my cats even have email skills I lack. So I sent the message, with an introduction:

Dear friends,


One of my cats opened an email notice from you and typed the reply below while I wasn't home. I couldn't resist hitting Send, since the cat was obviously working hard on his/her message and had plenty to say. I figured, who knows, perhaps you get email from cats all the time. So if you know what this means, please let me know.


Best regards,

(Damn, my message had two terrible typos, which I fixed here, but now I'm embarrassed.) I'll let you know if I get a response.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments and do my best to follow up if you have a question. I delete spam, attempts to market other websites, and anything nasty or unintelligible. The cats and I thank you for reading — and please do leave a comment that isn't spam, etc.