Monday, November 23, 2009

Craving Cashmere

It's that time of year again. Despite a giant sweater drawer that's packed to the gills, I'm longing for new sweaters, even though I can't wear them in the house. We wear fleece, and wash it every day, because of the cat plague.

But J. Crew has my favorite styles in some beautiful colors right now:


I have a lot of sweaters in black, gray, off-white, and bright red. I don't have much in these jewel-tones, which suit me. A soft, cozy, richly hued sweater would cheer me up right now. The blue-green is my favorite color of all-time. They are already selling out of these colors, so I can't wait for the January sale, even if I can't wear it with abandon until later in the winter, when the plague, God willing, has let up.

I think I'll go take a look at them on my way to the supermarket today. Maybe these colors won't look nearly as enticing in person... that often happens. I do get a teacher's discount because I carry one of my husband's university IDs. And I do have a $25 gift card from last Christmas. And they might be having an in-store promotion.

But I'm also spending a small fortune on the plague and I'm exceptionally cheap. Will keep you posted.

1 comment:

I love getting comments and do my best to follow up if you have a question. I delete spam, attempts to market other websites, and anything nasty or unintelligible. The cats and I thank you for reading — and please do leave a comment that isn't spam, etc.