Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Easy Way Out

I get to take a break from my cat-nursing and housekeeping activities tomorrow, when the Back Bay Garden Club holds its annual reception for new members. Since I am a member-at-large of the Executive Committee (sounds impressive, but all it means is that I have to attend a couple of meetings), I've been asked to contribute something for the cocktail buffet.

But what? I was stumped, and I don't have a lot of time these days, thanks for my rigorous nursing/cleaning schedule. All I have time to make in the kitchen these days (besides my bogus grilled-cheese sandwiches) are canap├ęs made of cat pills wrapped in Laughing Cow cheese and turkey deli meat. My life revolves around cat issues; I can't focus on gardens, clubs, or party food.

I don't dare make anything with cheese, fish, turkey, chicken or Gerber baby food. What if I lose it at the reception and starting forcing my little treats down the throats of the Garden Club ladies, first pressing the corners of their mouths open so I can quickly toss my cheese snacks down their gullets?

Then it occurred to me. Genius!

Hot Artichoke Dip
Mix a cup of mayo, a cup of grated parmesan cheese (not a cat-related cheese) and a can (or jar) of drained, chopped artichoke hearts. Spread into a baking dish and bake at 350 for 30 minutes, or until it's bubbly and golden on top. Serve with an Iggy's ficelle or baguette. Delicious hot, cold or in between.

It's as easy as it gets and entirely addictive. Even if I do go temporarily insane and try to force-feed it to some poor Back Bay lady, she'll probably thank me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unless you are spamming me about, say, Skype, I love getting comments and do my best to follow up if you have a question. I delete ALL spam, attempts to market other websites, and anything nasty or unintelligible. The cats and I thank you for reading — and please do leave a comment that isn't spam, etc.