There's plenty this year:
1. Practically everyone we know is healthy and surviving, with a roof over his/her head.
2. Good friends, old and new. This year, Facebook reconnected me to a lot of favorite people from my past. It's the reason I actually know how well everyone is doing for a change.
3. Two fabulous kittens. Plus a very clean house, and lots of weekly face time with our friends at two vet hospitals. (Do I know how to put a positive spin on ringworm now, or what?)
4. Bills are paid, there's money in the bank, we have no credit card debt, and there'll even be an IRA contribution at year's end.
5. I had some useful, interesting work projects. And there's finally a job prospect: a long shot, but something.
6. Spouse has had a rough time with work issues, but still loves what he does. Which is inspiring. And he's so good at it all. Plus, he finished volume 1 of a massive book he started back in 1925. Amazing!
7. We didn't give a penny to Bernard Madoff or know the Craigslist killer.
8. We ate a lot of cake. Really excellent cake. And cupcakes. Too bad we don't have any right now.
9. Two happy trips to Mt. Desert Island to hang out with our "other family."
10. October baseball. At least the Red Sox got that far.
11. Strength class at the gym. A year ago, I couldn't do a military push-up. Now I can do 14, and that's after I've been worn out by lifting a barbell. I'm in decent shape for an old lady.
12. There are still lunatics reading this boring blog. I promise to do my best to make 2010 more exciting than 2009. No skin diseases if I can help it, I swear! Thank you for your sympathy and support.