Saturday, January 16, 2010

Missing the Big C

Damn! Every time we drag ourselves to Ikea in Stoughton, a president calls us.

Today I missed taking a call from Bill Clinton! I guess he mainly wanted to tell me to vote for Martha Coakley; he sounded so warm and folksy. Even a little nervous, with a long pause (just like Obama's!) before he launched bravely into his personal message for me.

If there is any famous person I'd want to receive a call from besides President Obama, it would be President Clinton. But because Ikea makes crap, I missed his call.

Yesterday we bought nine likely-looking Ikea metal desk lamps for my husband's renovated office and missed President Obama's call. When the spouse's staff tried to assemble them, they discovered they were junk. So today we had to traipse back down there to return them. I stocked up on Swedish food this time, knowing we would Never Return.

I'm not sure if the moral of this story is "Buy American" or "If You Want a President to Call You, Go to Ikea."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unless you are spamming me about, say, Skype, I love getting comments and do my best to follow up if you have a question. I delete ALL spam, attempts to market other websites, and anything nasty or unintelligible. The cats and I thank you for reading — and please do leave a comment that isn't spam, etc.