Thursday, May 27, 2010

Current Craving: Venice


I've been wondering why I can't stop thinking about Venice. It turns out that we were there exactly two years ago. Some deep corner of my brain keeps its own calendar that remembers where I was on a certain date even when I've completely forgotten. It gives me little flashes of that place when I least expect it. And right now, it's whispering, "Venice, Venice, we're supposed to be on a gondola right now. Let's go!"

I wish. But I have photos, and I can revisit them and dream... and you can come along.



It's the most beautiful place I've ever seen.


Photo opps everywhere you turn.

Gorgeous architecture, best viewed from the water.

I developed a new respect for pink and orange stucco.

Our hotel was in this palazzo.

Even the street cats were elegant. And plentiful.

 
We never got tired of scenes like this. 

Imagine needing a boat instead of a car. No Cars Allowed! Bliss.

Shop windows are works of art.


I mean Works of Art selling works of art.

Look at that light. What are we waiting for? Let's go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments and do my best to follow up if you have a question. I delete spam, attempts to market other websites, and anything nasty or unintelligible. The cats and I thank you for reading — and please do leave a comment that isn't spam, etc.