Saturday, May 1, 2010

Never Cared for the Stuff


A ‘catastrophic’ rupture hits region’s water system

Nearly 2 million residents of Greater Boston lost their supply of clean drinking water when a huge pipe abruptly burst yesterday, prompting authorities to declare a state of emergency and to impose a sweeping order for homeowners and businesses to boil the untreated water now flowing from their taps. 
Local officials across the region were scrambling to warn residents about the potential for contamination. In Boston and other communities, police were driving up and down streets in cruisers, using bullhorns to blare boil-water warnings. At Massachusetts General Hospital, staff put up signs warning “Don’t drink the water.’’  (Boston.com)
Finally, an excuse to live on Diet Coke and bottled tea instead of that flat, tasteless stuff in the Brita pitcher. I think I'm going to enjoy this. We picked up a few gallons of the clear stuff because cats can't drink soda. But I can! 

2 comments:

  1. Not being a soda drinker, I guess I'll have to stick to coffee and beer. Where did you find bottled water? We didn't even try, have been boiling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our closest corner grocery store was sold out of gallons, but we found plenty at the store a block away, on Mass Ave. They said they were busy, but it didn't look it. It was perfectly civilized. This was a couple of hours after the announcement on Saturday afternoon.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and do my best to follow up if you have a question. I delete spam, attempts to market other websites, and anything nasty or unintelligible. The cats and I thank you for reading — and please do leave a comment that isn't spam, etc.