Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Scenes from the Copley Farmer's Market


Yesterday, I picked up peaches, tomatoes, corn, basil, and bread, and contemplated berries, plums, eggplant, and greens before I remembered that the market returns on Friday, so there's no need to hoard. The first corn of the season was wonderful for dinner. Tomorrow's dinner: pasta with fresh pesto.

Here are some photo's of summer abundance, although I have to say that the tomatoes look better than they taste. They will improve dramatically in a few weeks when the greenhouse tomatoes give way to the field varieties.

Garden bouquets

Apples, early in their season

Too bad I'm having a gardening moratorium these days....

Blackberries, gooseberries, blueberries, and raspberries

Why settle for plain old berries when you can have berry pie?

When I see beans, I crave a good salade Ni├žoise

Tiny, beautiful plums... I hope they're still around on Friday.

1 comment:

  1. Guess what wonderful Boston writer and her cats are featured as the Friday Link on BostonZest tomorrow?

    Yes, This one! Tune in to BostonZest tomorrow to read more....

    ReplyDelete

Unless you are spamming me about, say, Skype, I love getting comments and do my best to follow up if you have a question. I delete ALL spam, attempts to market other websites, and anything nasty or unintelligible. The cats and I thank you for reading — and please do leave a comment that isn't spam, etc.