Thursday, September 9, 2010

Breaking News

Patriots quarterback and Back Bay neighbor Tom Brady was in a car crash at 6:30 this morning, just around the corner from the PB's abode. She slept through it; the helicopters, currently roaring low overhead, only arrived two hours later. I can't imagine what there is for them to film, except some glass and a messed-up streetlight, but I'll keep you posted.

According to early reports:
  • Brady was driving a Bentley
  • Brady was driving a red Audi sedan
  • Brady was "shaken"
  • Brady was "pretty banged up"
  • Brady has whiplash
  • Brady was extricated from his car by the Jaws of Life
  • Brady was able to exit his car and walk around at the scene 
  • Brady is at practice, after refusing medical treatment at the scene
  • Brady was taken to Brigham and Women's Hospital for treatment
This level of confusion by witnesses and reporters proves to me that no one should be doing anything that requires a sharp brain at 6:30 in the morning.

Update: camera crews were still on the scene at noon, filming our beautiful 19th-century row houses and a downed street lamp or traffic pole, I presume. I saw them from a block away and was not inclined to investigate more closely. By 1 pm, city crews were fixing the damage.

Update: around 5 pm, there were still several TV news vans set up to film... nothing. An intersection, some sidewalk.... maybe they are waiting in case Tom happens to have another accident at the same intersection on his way home tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments and do my best to follow up if you have a question. I delete spam, attempts to market other websites, and anything nasty or unintelligible. The cats and I thank you for reading — and please do leave a comment that isn't spam, etc.