Friday, November 19, 2010

So Much for Flats

The Fitzwell flats described in my previous post arrived and looked as cute as expected. After reading the reviews on Zappos, I ordered them a half-size larger and wider than my usual size. They fit... but there's a row of very rough stitching around the "comfort" gel insole in the heel. Walking as much as I do around the city, that stitching would rub my heel raw in no time.
Ouch, nasty stitching on the insole.

Back in the '60s, the Midges of Manhattan didn't have to worry about all kinds of crazy things stuck into the soles of their shoes in the name of comfort. Soles embossed with little designs, or labels stitched into the heel are all forms of torture for those of us who actually walk some distance in our shoes instead of wearing them to go back and forth to the car. But shoe manufacturers just don't get it.

So, back they go. Three cheers for Zappos' free and easy returns.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments and do my best to follow up if you have a question. I delete spam, attempts to market other websites, and anything nasty or unintelligible. The cats and I thank you for reading — and please do leave a comment that isn't spam, etc.