Thursday, February 24, 2011

Pure Prettiness

The PB is taking a break from her usual ponderous, high-brow-intellectual musings to show you a selection of pretty things from the spring collection at Anthropologie. I love these fresh colors, vintage prints, and graceful designs. It looks like we're heading toward a beautiful spring.... one of these months. In the meantime, I hope these will brighten your day.

An old-fashioned garden print in a graceful 1920s silhouette. Camara Shell, $78 

Green and gold tulips sprouting on linen, vintage '60's fun. Perennial Blooms Shift, $248

A grown-up schoolbag in silky indigo leather. 
I hope it goes on sale. Daily Brights Satchel, $188.

They call this fluffy tangerine confection a "tee." Chiffon Swing Shirt, $58

 Skeem soy candles smell as nice as they look. Skeem Kumquat Travelogue Candle, $14

Wedgewood blue peep-toes. Diamond Weave Slingbacks, $90.

I never wear bracelets, but I'd like to play with this one. Warp Whirl Cuff, $28

A steam-punk bird sculpture, one-of-a-kind. Gladiator Bird, Watering Can $398

Perfume bottle doubles as a pin-cushion. Happ & Stahns Eau de Parfum, $68

Good French knives with luscious lucite handles. Laguiole Steak Knives, $78

French botanical print in silk. Not available online, but still in the Boston store.

Taking the soap dish to new heights. Kaokoland Leaf Soap Dish, $28

3 comments:

  1. Those are so airy and light. I'm liking the colors and botanical theme.

    I just discovered another gem of a vintage shop called Lady Luxe. It's right on the border of Cambridge and Watertown - not sure which side, and the owners have the most fantastic collection of 60's hats (and fine millinery)- feathers, netting, caps, colors - they would complement the Anthropologie garb. Everything was in mint condition.

    There is a tiny consignment/vintage shop behind it - The Mad Closet - that I missed due to its miniscule size, but as LL plans to have its Spring collection out in the next couple of weeks, I'll probably go back and visit them both.

    ~aek

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bird and the soap dish...shoes a bit granny...and I never show my upper arms off, but with a lacy sweater, love sundresses

    ReplyDelete
  3. When it stops raining, I'll be heading over to Lady Luxe and The Mad Closet. Thanks so much for the tips!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and do my best to follow up if you have a question. I delete spam, attempts to market other websites, and anything nasty or unintelligible. The cats and I thank you for reading — and please do leave a comment that isn't spam, etc.