Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Yesterday's Adorableness

My husband spotted this fellow in Cambridge yesterday and got the photo with his iPhone camera:


I wonder: did his people add the porthole to their fence for his entertainment, or because he makes such a convincing hunting trophy with his head sticking out?

I'm guessing he's a West Highland Terrier; let me know how wrong I am. When I was a kid, I memorized all the dog breeds in the big color illustration in our 1960 World Book Encyclopedia. There weren't that many breeds in those days, but this accomplishment has convinced my husband that I know everything about dog breeds. So he's always asking me to identify the good-looking canines we pass. Often I do recognize the breed thank you, WBE). But because he's gullible, and uninformed about dogs, I can get away with murder, too. "That's a Swedish Laphund" is my stock answer when I have no idea.

6 comments:

  1. Yes, you have a Westie and if you send me the address by private email I might even be able to tell you more. I know a family in Cambridge who are totally paw-wrapped by a little Westie.

    They would do something like this to entertain their pup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stumbled onto your Blog tonight and I love it! For a displaced Bostonian living in Naples, FL you made me feel like I was home. Thanks and keep writing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, that's a Westie! I have one - he's my best friend - named Mason.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are looking at "Angus". He shares three portholes with his Uncle Finn. They were put in by the owners because Westies are not only cute as the dickens, but they are curious as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the update! This is one of my favorite photos. Angus and Finn are excellent names, and I agree: Angus is cute as the dickens!

      Delete

I love getting comments and do my best to follow up if you have a question. I delete spam, attempts to market other websites, and anything nasty or unintelligible. The cats and I thank you for reading — and please do leave a comment that isn't spam, etc.