Monday, April 25, 2011

Carpe Magnolia

Now's the time:


The magnolias on the sunny side of Back Bay's streets are blooming full blast, and plenty of other trees are blooming as well. You'll find a cloud of pink wherever you look. The first fuzzy green leaves are appearing everywhere, and there are tulips, azaleas, hyacinths, crocuses, daffodils, and pansies. You can smell a spring bouquet in the air. I recommend that you take a slow stroll to take it all in now, before all those pretty pink petals fall, turning into the equivalent of banana peels on our sidewalks.

Of course, if you're busy, you can wait a couple of weeks until the shady side of our streets catch up and start to bloom. As far as those trees are concerned, it's still March. And after the magnolias finish, we'll still have flowering crabs and dogwoods with their own special beauty.

1 comment:

  1. Dogwoods are my favorite, even after they flower, the leaves are pretty and their shape so round and manicured...

    ReplyDelete

Unless you are spamming me about, say, Skype, I love getting comments and do my best to follow up if you have a question. I delete ALL spam, attempts to market other websites, and anything nasty or unintelligible. The cats and I thank you for reading — and please do leave a comment that isn't spam, etc.