Thursday, July 28, 2011

Cruel Shoes

The yellow shoes from J. Crew arrived yesterday:


They're more chartreuse than yellow, but still a good color. They looked great on me for the approximately 15 seconds I was able to wear them. Ouch! Way too narrow in the toe area, according to my protesting feet.

Back they go, and I'm relieved in a way, because they were insanely expensive ($228) and more than I've ever paid for a pair of shoes or boots. If they had fit, I would still have returned them... and then watched and waited an eternity for them to go on sale, ideally in the store, so I could drag my husband along with his educator ID, and get an extra 15% off.

But now I can relax and forget about them. Free shipping rocks yet again.

2 comments:

  1. they are lovely, but would never fit my feet either. are you going to try the Anthropologie ones as well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think so; there's been one review and she said they were comfortable, although I'm always skeptical. I'm going to wait a bit because August is my birthday month, and they'll probably send me a coupon for 15% off, as they have in other years. I may receive a gift card, too, which would help.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and do my best to follow up if you have a question. I delete spam, attempts to market other websites, and anything nasty or unintelligible. The cats and I thank you for reading — and please do leave a comment that isn't spam, etc.