Friday, September 9, 2011

Copley Farmer's Market

I'll look back fondly at all this bounty in a couple of months, when it's all root vegetables, squash, and cabbage....

Bouquets of garden flowers for $6.

Butter and sugar corn from Stillman's, where I found another
worm todayTold the farmer I needed to lie down 
for a few minutes to recover. It was huge; I will always peel.

Eggplants of every variety are in season now.

 Plants from the Herb Lyceum.

The apple guy has plenty of varieties now.

Asian pears, plums, nectarines, and peaches.

I love seeing this display reappear every spring, 
after months of hiking blocks (or miles) for an Iggy's francese.

Organic flowers; guess you can eat 'em.

Looks like John Singleton Copley 
is getting measured for a new coat?

3 comments:

  1. I didn't get to Copley yesterday. (Spent the afternoon nibbling good stuff at Coppa!)

    Did Old Friends Farm have their ginger yet? I can't wait for local ginger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was too busy ogling the baked goods and restraining myself to notice if there was ginger. Sorry! Tuesday will be here before we know it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely colors that say fall is on the way....and I snorted at the '...guess you can eat 'em' quip, hahameow!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and do my best to follow up if you have a question. I delete spam, attempts to market other websites, and anything nasty or unintelligible. The cats and I thank you for reading — and please do leave a comment that isn't spam, etc.