Thursday, March 8, 2012

A Bunny

Over at PaperSource on Boylston Street, they have a display of soft, squishy little bunnies. Everyone heads straight for them, to squeeze and coo:  
I bought one to send to my aunt. She hasn't been feeling well for a while, and could use some cheering up. I knew she'd enjoy it. I went back the next day and bought a second one, just because:


I discovered that Possum disapproves of cute little bunnies. He subjected mine to stern disciplinary measures, even though it wasn't misbehaving. He smacked it repeatedly on the head: 


I think he is threatened by anything that might be considered more adorable than he is. He began biting the bunny's ear: 


I stepped in and remonstrated, saying that the bunny was harmless and not one of his catnip toys. Possum disagreed: the velvet armchair is his territory; the bunny trespassed and thus deserved whatever it got. 


The cowering,wet-eared bunny still looked awfully cute. I couldn't help cooing. Possum took off in a huff.

1 comment:

  1. I think Possum reacted to the puffy little bunny belly. You know how proud he is of showing off his belly.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and do my best to follow up if you have a question. I delete spam, attempts to market other websites, and anything nasty or unintelligible. The cats and I thank you for reading — and please do leave a comment that isn't spam, etc.