Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Trashy Lighting

Do guests find your home alarmingly pristine and sanitary? Do you often sit around bored and unhappy, wishing you had something more to clean? Do you find dusting deeply satisfying?  Have you ever dusted your Christmas tree, not because it had cobwebs, but just for a rewarding challenge?

If you just leaped out of your chair, saying, "Yes, PB! Yes, that's me!" have I got something for you:
This is Anthropologie's Magpie Chandelier, created from recycled plastic, string, and a variety of found objects (including cat toys?) by the Magpie Art Collective. They mostly do public art; you can read about them here. No two chandeliers are alike (they are not that obsessive, but I kind of wish they were). 

Some of that plastic stuff looks like it might be a little bit close to the bulbs, so even if dusting isn't your thrill, this could be a very exciting light fixture to own.

You can get yours for a mere $2,999.95, on sale from $4,800. That seems like a small price to pay for never having a dull moment at home again. It's not my style, but chacun à son goût.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments and do my best to follow up if you have a question. I delete spam, attempts to market other websites, and anything nasty or unintelligible. The cats and I thank you for reading — and please do leave a comment that isn't spam, etc.