Saturday, June 30, 2012

A Game

We're in Pennsylvania for the weekend. There's a heatwave here, too, but heat and humidity feel better in Pennsylvania for some reason. I'm not minding it much, anyway. And it's not just because our B&B has a swimming pool.

As I was cruising the fiction aisles in my favorite bookstore this morning, I remembered a game I used to play:

Open up Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged to a random spread. Find the word "destroy" or "destruction" and you win. You get three tries. Then it's someone else's turn.

What do you win? You get to put Atlas Shrugged back on the shelf without having to read any more of it. I won on my second try. That's enough Ayn Rand for a few more years.

1 comment:

  1. I tried to re-read Atlas Shrugged recently - somehow, I was duped into liking it 25+ yrs ago. Not so on the second try - it was so bad, it was laughable.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and do my best to follow up if you have a question. I delete spam, attempts to market other websites, and anything nasty or unintelligible. The cats and I thank you for reading — and please do leave a comment that isn't spam, etc.