What was here before? A phone store?
2. Who had a raucous drinking party in the alley last weekend until 2 am, and are they planning a repeat? I'll force myself to take naps this weekend just as a precaution.
3. Whatever happened to cotton half slips, the solution for semi-sheer sundresses and full skirts? Consider the number of women walking around Boston on a breezy day, trying to manage a dangerously blowing skirt while holding a bag (or bags). How odd that this wardrobe staple has vanished from stores. It seems we can only get them custom-made via Etsy, as they've gone the way of sunbonnets and pinafores.
4. Trader Joe's Rosemary Raisin Crisps, where have you been all my life? They are sweet and savory at the same time, delicious with mild cheeses, and low in fat.
They're tiny but memorable.5. Elizabeth Warren?
6. Are there support groups for Pinterest addicts? It entertains me from morning to after midnight as I gather and study images, ideas, and recipes I find there, and add my own items to the mix. The trick is to find your community. I'm "following" several people around the world — designers, decorators, a Montreal silversmith, an expatriate in Italy, my pal "aek" — who share many of my tastes. It's endlessly interesting to see what they're adding to their "pinboards" and borrowing from mine. Along with the collecting and educational aspects, this is a new, purely visual (except for captions) form of communication for me. Even so, I must get a grip on myself soon; I'm neglecting everything else these days. (Except Possum, who refuses to be neglected.) I'm reminded of how life-changing eBay became for me when I discovered it in 1999. At least Pinterest isn't emptying my checking account.
Some of my Pinterest boards
7. Why do my teeth remind me of old piano keys? Time to locate the WhiteStrips.
8. Why did a trumpeter move in next door? Did we really need more persuasion to move? Was this ingenious addition to the Cosmic Plan necessary? Which leads to...
9. Where are all the affordable, T-accessible condos and houses with character, fireplaces, and gardens? (The answer is not Quincy.)
10. How soon can I get back to Pinterest?