Friday, August 24, 2012

Maine Car Candy: Audi R8

Down the street from our inn lives a man who collects cars and occasionally parks some of his collection in front of his house. Usually we'll see a couple of vintage sportscars and convertibles out there, often under wraps. This past week, we saw only one car: this Audi R8 V8 FSI, its charcoal and black paint glowing in the pink sunset from Southwest Harbor harbor, directly behind the house. It was plenty for me:





I don't know the year for this model but I'll guess 2008–2010. I do know that they've been in production  since 2007, and there are about 19,000 in circulation worldwide. I don't think you'll find many parked on the street in Maine villages. As you can see in the last photo, it's a rear-engine design, which means you have stow your groceries and crates of library-sale books under the hood, I guess. I'm sure I'd keep forgetting, heading for the back... and it's probably insanely noisy.... but I want one anyway. 

I really do need to get a driver's license.

1 comment:

  1. You’re lucky to have seen that car! I bet the owner is a car lover! Well, with the V8 engine under the hood, it can certainly be noisy when the engine is running. You can actually choose between a V8 and a V10 engine. So, no matter what you choose, you will still feel power. Anyway, when you get your driver’s license, you’ll be one step closer to owning a car. And maybe, someday, you’ll get the chance of owning a car like that.

    ReplyDelete

Unless you are spamming me about, say, Skype, I love getting comments and do my best to follow up if you have a question. I delete ALL spam, attempts to market other websites, and anything nasty or unintelligible. The cats and I thank you for reading — and please do leave a comment that isn't spam, etc.