Saturday, March 2, 2013

Car Candy: Junk Food Edition

The famous plastic toy–covered car appeared on Boylston Street in Back Bay today and no one could resist photographing it. I took my turn:






It's looking a little worse for wear these days; some of the plastic is looking faded and grimy. Maybe a good hosing down would help, or a strong rainstorm. It if went into a car wash, either the car or the car wash might not survive.

If you look closely, you'll find some of your childhood glued to this car, assuming you grew up during the Age of Plastic. My favorite thing is the license plate.

1 comment:

  1. That is a really neat car. It's great to see a car that is considered a junk car turned into art. We are currently doing that with a few of our old junk cars. I'll have to check in a week or so, so I can let you know how my junk car project went.

    ReplyDelete

Unless you are spamming me about, say, Skype, I love getting comments and do my best to follow up if you have a question. I delete ALL spam, attempts to market other websites, and anything nasty or unintelligible. The cats and I thank you for reading — and please do leave a comment that isn't spam, etc.