Saturday, March 9, 2013

Déjà Vu All Over Again


We had an unexpectedly big snowstorm yesterday and I decided to go for a walk in the thick of it. I charged my camera, reformatted its disk to make plenty of room, bundled up in layers, and went out to snap away. I had a good time until a chunk of icy snow fell from the roof of the Lenox Hotel and nearly nailed me, scraping the tip of my nose and sending frozen bits down my turtleneck. I nearly got hit again near Trader Joe's. I switched from the sidewalk to the street as I walked home, figuring it was easier to avoid cars than flying ice.

As my snow photos downloaded automatically from my camera to my laptop, I noticed that more than a dozen never downloaded and weren't visible on the disk. Once again, just like last month, I went out into a snowstorm to take photos and my camera's card swallowed and hid the first and best ones. One reason I went out yesterday was to capture some of the same snowy scenes that had disappeared last time. Guess which photos are missing again? 

Grrr. I should have learned. It's time to buy some recovery software and replace this %&# card. Here's one photo from yesterday, anyway. It's going to be a while before anyone sits on that park bench.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments and do my best to follow up if you have a question. I delete spam, attempts to market other websites, and anything nasty or unintelligible. The cats and I thank you for reading — and please do leave a comment that isn't spam, etc.