Saturday, July 6, 2013

Big, Fat Morning Glories at Old South Church

I thought it was too early for morning glories in Boston, since the vines always took forever to bloom whenever I planted them. But there are talented gardeners at Old South Church, at the corner of Boylston and Dartmouth Streets. Their garden is always full of surprises, and now they have these beautiful Heavenly Blues, almost hidden behind the stone wall. I had to stick my camera through the iron fence to take these shots so be sure to look carefully for them if you're passing by.

 I used to feel lucky to have this many flowers on my vines by September, since my garden was on the shady side of the street (and I didn't know what I was doing). It will be interesting to see how these prosper in the next few months.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments and do my best to follow up if you have a question. I delete spam, attempts to market other websites, and anything nasty or unintelligible. The cats and I thank you for reading — and please do leave a comment that isn't spam, etc.