Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Last Postcards from Maine

On our way to Mount Desert Island, we stopped at the Stonewall Kitchen Company Store, just off the highway in York, Maine. They sell every SK product, of course, and you are welcome to sample dozens of jams and jellies, fruit butters, mustards, chutneys, dessert sauces, and more. They also sell kitchen and garden products, including a selection of blue-and-white Burleigh china from England, which is hard to find in the US. There's also a café in case you didn't get full on the free samples. We always do.

How's this for tempting advertising?

The real thing. Try them all.

Here are a few more pictures... and then I'll resume my usual droning about cats and such, I promise.

Bass Harbor sunsets are different from the pink ones in Southwest Harbor. This was taken on the
 patio at the Seafood Ketch, where I had their excellent casserole with lobster, crab, and scallops.
Just bring your bug spray. (Bug spray was helpful just about everywhere on this trip.)

This proves we actually made it to Bar Harbor. Once.

Beach roses along Bar Harbor's Shore Path.

And now it's time for reality. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments and do my best to follow up if you have a question. I delete spam, attempts to market other websites, and anything nasty or unintelligible. The cats and I thank you for reading — and please do leave a comment that isn't spam, etc.