Monday, August 26, 2013

Postcards from Maine: Southwest Harbor Sunsets

The public dock just below our bungalow is my favorite spot for watching Southwest Harbor sunsets. They are not always colorful; sometimes I think it's all over because the water's gone dark, so I head back home, only to turn around to discover that sky just turned into a fire opal.

Generally, the sunsets start out peach-colored.


Sometimes peach is all there is, and then the sky and the water darken to blue as twilight comes. But on other nights, there will be wonderful pink and lavender effects:



I love watching the water turn pink and orange:




And I never get tired of photographing that ever-changing row of dinghies:



This is what I mean by "fire opal":


No comments:

Post a Comment

Unless you are spamming me about, say, Skype, I love getting comments and do my best to follow up if you have a question. I delete ALL spam, attempts to market other websites, and anything nasty or unintelligible. The cats and I thank you for reading — and please do leave a comment that isn't spam, etc.