Saturday, October 12, 2013

Postcards from Maine: Searsport Haunted House

We drove to Mount Desert Island yesterday along Route 1, and stopped in Searsport to photograph an abandoned house that's a favorite landmark of ours. It must have been beautiful once upon a time, but now it seems to be melting into the earth:

It's a dramatic sight from Route 1.

A little paint, a few new windows, and it would be charming....

It needs a nicer front door... and some new EVERYTHING.

I like the undulating lines of the collapsing roof on the addition.

3 comments:

  1. I agree, in it's day I bet it was a very pretty house. What a shame. But, we all age, some more gracefully than others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there. I have been inside the house and am writing a blog post about it. I wonder if I can use some of your pictures while giving you credit for them and a link back to this blog? Please let me know asap at jrenshaw@hotmail.com. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It actually looked a lot better when I was a kid in the 80's and early 90's. Not all crooked but just worn and abandoned

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and do my best to follow up if you have a question. I delete spam, attempts to market other websites, and anything nasty or unintelligible. The cats and I thank you for reading — and please do leave a comment that isn't spam, etc.