Saturday, December 28, 2013

Baking Critter

I made my mother's Christmas oatmeal-chocolate-chip cookie recipe the other day, and found this critter lurking in my baking cabinet:

"This jar of Grandma's Molasses is HOW old? Older than ME?" asks Toffee.

One of my goals for 2014 is to use up the baking ingredients and canned and dry foods that are getting close to their expiration dates. When I buy interesting or fancy ingredients and foods, I tend to hang onto them instead of using them, often until they are too old to be any good. This is silly, and it needs to stop. Toffee has decided to help me by starting Occupy the Cabinet, a nonviolent protest movement designed to bring secret things out of hiding and replace the old and stale with the new and fresh. 

And if that happens to include things like cat treats and tins of sardines, so much the better, says he.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unless you are spamming me about, say, Skype, I love getting comments and do my best to follow up if you have a question. I delete ALL spam, attempts to market other websites, and anything nasty or unintelligible. The cats and I thank you for reading — and please do leave a comment that isn't spam, etc.