When Harris discovered the roses, I knew it wouldn't take long.
He knows they are forbidden but his willpower always vaporizes in seconds.
Here, I've captured his brief but intense inner struggle.
He has no interest in horticulture but he can pretend.
He's listening as we're coaching him: "Don't eat the roses, Harris! Don't eat them!"
Before he could take his first bite, I whisked him off the mantel.
Roses aren't poisonous, but they aren't good for cats, either. Plus there might be pesticide.
Toffee was waiting, next in line. The roses go in the fridge when we aren't in the room.