Friday, June 27, 2014

A Box of Harris

The postcards from Maine are very slow in arriving, but maybe some will show up while I'm in Pennsylvania this weekend, celebrating my dad's 100th birthday.

In the meantime, here's our Most Important Cat (self-declared):


When we're away, I leave out plenty of stuff to amuse the cats: toys, empty boxes, tissue paper, and long pieces of kraft paper. Our cat sitter plays with everyone who wants to run around and chase things, too. We also have a long, collapsible nylon tunnel that Lion, Harris, and Toffee love. And since it's big, it's best if we leave it out when we're not here to trip over it. Last week, one of them chewed through the cord that held a tiny pompom by the peephole, but I found both the toy and the cord, which was only a few inches of thick cotton shoelace. It was only a matter of time. I'd decided no one could swallow it when it happened but, of course, one never knows with this crew.

And off we go....

1 comment:

  1. Happy Happy Birthday to your dad.
    Glad to hear Harris has very strong self esteem.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and do my best to follow up if you have a question. I delete spam, attempts to market other websites, and anything nasty or unintelligible. The cats and I thank you for reading — and please do leave a comment that isn't spam, etc.