Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Recent Adorableness: Friends

Possum and Lion get along well, even when Lion provokes Possum to play with him. Lion lies on his back and smacks at Possum, flailing and begging Possum to pretend to puncture him with his snapping fangs. The rest of the time, Possum insists on being treated with deference as Top Cat, and will occasionally place a warning paw on Lion's head to remind him to respect his elders.


Possum and I had a brief early morning chat yesterday. I was sound asleep until he settled in on top of me, as heavy as an overnight bag. I asked him what was up and he said he was very pleased with his three boys and felt it was time we rescued a nice girl kitten who could teach Wendy how to be less neurotic and more pleasant to have around.

I said, "No!"and refused to say anything else. I got one of his glares before he got up to sit on my husband, but he wasn't having any of it, either.


I could have reminded Possum that he wasn't so fond of Lion for weeks after he arrived, even though he had pushed hard for us to rescue another cat. I'm glad he adopted Lion, but I really don't want to discuss his new idea. Because it will turn into an argument. And he often wins.

1 comment:

  1. I love Lion.

    *Possum is awesome too, And Harris. And Toffee.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and do my best to follow up if you have a question. I delete spam, attempts to market other websites, and anything nasty or unintelligible. The cats and I thank you for reading — and please do leave a comment that isn't spam, etc.