1. Lion playing fetch in the dark when we're in bed.
2. Harris curling up between our pillows at night.
3. Possum sitting on me for a friendly chat as I try to sleep before dawn.
4. Wendy losing a bunch of her favorite sparkle balls under furniture.
5. Lion on his maneuvers with drinking straws, his new passion. I'll try to shoot him carrying them around and looking silly. But I've never seen him lose one. I found six or seven when I vacuumed, and a lot more are still missing.
6. Toffee flying around the apartment chasing his brothers. A brown blur.
7. Harris playing "bride" with the crocheted lace bathroom curtain draped on his head. I keep trying....
8. Wendy strutting around, singing, with her green snake in her mouth. Need to shoot video for this.
9. Harris having a vendetta with the bedroom phone. It always loses and we hear it crash to the floor.
10. Wendy taking off in a panic the instant I come into the bedroom while my husband is petting her.
11. Toffee hiding out behind the printer, sometimes with Lion for company. Toffee hiding out completely wrapped in a bedsheet.
12. Possum trying to relax on me, between my face and my laptop, when I'm in a comfortable chair. The daily sudoku puzzle is challenging enough when I can actually see it.
13. Possum, Lion, and Toffee taking refuge under the sofa during a thunderstorm. Those photos always show only three pairs of "headlight eyes" and all the fur on the underside of the sofa. So forget it.
14. Anyone coughing up a hairball or returning their last meal to us. I have some propriety, being The Proper Bostonian, ya know.
15. Lion erasing messages on our answering machine. Lion erasing our greeting. Lion resetting the date and time. Lion messing with my laptop.
16. Harris with his head inside the empty Starbucks cup my husband has been reusing all week. Harris, a master thief, one-upped Lion tonight by stealing the whole cup, not just some stupid straw. I did persuade him to pose with his trophy: