Thursday, September 4, 2014

Last Postcards from Maine: Bits and Pieces

I am just back from my trip to San Francisco, which was both fun and enlightening. But at the moment I have a horrible cold, blocked ears, an upset stomach and puffy feet. So I'm going to recover from my flight; in the meantime, have some donuts....

Coo. We discovered Frosty's Donuts in Freeport on this trip and immediately fell off 
the sugar-monitoring wagon. Donuts to drive for....

Bumblebee. I saw several interesting insects on this trip. But not a single one was a spider.

As we were watching the sunset from the dock, some friends spotted us from their boat and took us out to check a few lobster traps. We had a great time!

My fellow Pennsylvanians will appreciate the appearance of a TastyKake truck in rural Maine.

A friend gave me a handmade calico cat puppet.

4 comments:

  1. I thoroughly enjoy reading your blog and looking at the beautiful photos. (The Tastycake reference hit home, being from Bethlehem also.)
    I do a lot of photography and especially like your photos of places you visit. You have a good eye. May I ask what kind of camera you are using?

    ReplyDelete
  2. just to clarify, we met at the Morningstar several years ago over Christmas break. I grew up on Snyder Street, and we live in Hanover, NH where my husband teaches at Dartmouth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janice, I remember you! I remember that you have a line of greeting cards available in New England. Thank you for your kind words about my photos, which only look semi-decent online, I'm afraid. I use a kind of terrible Canon S100 pocket camera and my iPhone 4S, and it's time for an upgrade. I know a professional photographer who loves her compact Sony RX 100 so much that she seldom carries her bigger cameras around anymore. So I'm thinking about getting one of those models. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetings - and thanks for your note. I am, indeed, the one with the note cards (some of which are available at Bob Slate's in Cambridge). You get great shots and clarity from your cameras. I use a Canon sx160is. Nothing fancy, for sure, but it does what I want it to and uses AA batteries. Still not crazy about the shots I get on my IPhone, but am getting better with it.
      Good luck with your house search. I'll look forward to seeing your garden pictures once you have one. though we have no cats of our own, we do have a wonderful 16 year old cat across the street, though we think he's really a dog in cat's clothing. He comes to visit and looks at me while I am preparing meals - great eye contact... and all the kids who walk by pet him. He loves it!

      Delete

Unless you are spamming me about, say, Skype, I love getting comments and do my best to follow up if you have a question. I delete ALL spam, attempts to market other websites, and anything nasty or unintelligible. The cats and I thank you for reading — and please do leave a comment that isn't spam, etc.