Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Abundance

It's nearly November but the local farmer's market is still loaded with veggies that aren't turnips, potatoes, and cabbages. Check out the colorful options below. You can still get tomatoes, too.


The market is filled with apples and pears these days. You can often find tasty "antique" apple varieties, like Winesaps and Rome Beauties, along with the usual Macouns,  Honeycrisps, and Golden Delicious.


One of these days, I'm going to bring home a squash and roast the darn thing. I fear I'll have trouble hacking it into pieces beforehand since I don't have a huge chef's knife or cleaver. And then I'll have more trouble persuading the other MOTH (Member of the Household) to eat it, even slathered with butter and spices.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments and do my best to follow up if you have a question. I delete spam, attempts to market other websites, and anything nasty or unintelligible. The cats and I thank you for reading — and please do leave a comment that isn't spam, etc.