Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Little Things

Dear Ms. God, or Whoever's Listening,

If I got stuck with thin, fine, limp, straight hair, why did I also get stuck with long, naturally wavy eyebrows? I'd like an explanation. 

Thank you for your time and attention.

Sincerely yours,

A P. Bostonian


Drives me nuts: If I don't thoroughly towel off my eyebrows after I wash my face, water will keep dripping into my eyes for a long, long time. My eyebrows are like waterlogged sponges. Does this happen to you?

I didn't think so.

Here's another thing — and this may be disconcerting news to you if you are under 40 or so: Eyebrows turn gray or white as we age, as do eyelashes. Although I found my first gray hair in my 20s, I never dreamed this eyebrow thing would happen to me until I spotted the evidence above my right eye. And plucked it. Graying eyebrows are a subject no one ever mentions, probably because it's too depressing to contemplate. Some people dye them or brush mascara on them, I suppose. I'm not going to do that, so I have no idea how to deal with it. But it looks weird to have patchy, disappearing eyebrows.

Ah, this is too depressing; let's change the subject.

Boden's clearance sale includes the adorable Jeweled Flats I bought and returned before Christmas. When they offered a special deal on top of the clearance price I couldn't resist ordering another pair for $63, especially since I had a credit. I may decide again that they are just too uncomfortable to keep, or I may have a new incentive to vacuum... sparkly house-fairy shoes. Sizes and colors come and go, so if they don't have yours, be patient... the hunt is part of the fun, isn't it?

And feet don't go gray.





1 comment:

  1. I bought a pair of shoes once because they were so pretty I just wanted to look at them. While they are in my size, I have no serious hopes of ever wearing them anywhere.. they simply are not practical. but they only cost me $20, so I I don't feel bad about it.

    speaking of eyebrows, I have baby fine red ones that no one can see unless I paint the living daylights out of them.. not sure which is worse..

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and do my best to follow up if you have a question. I delete spam, attempts to market other websites, and anything nasty or unintelligible. The cats and I thank you for reading — and please do leave a comment that isn't spam, etc.