Monday, February 23, 2015

Self-Portrait as a Potted Plant


I'm the one on the left. You can be the one on the right if you want. 

We had some thawing yesterday, when it was  a sunny and near-tropical 39 degrees. Icicles came crashing down and sheets of snow slid off roofs in noisy avalanches. We chopped some ice from our alley parking space but not enough to inspire us to try driving anywhere. We haven't used the car in more than three weeks, and it doesn't look like we'll be able to get it out of the alley anytime soon. 

Then last night all the melted snow refroze, and today the sidewalks are more treacherous than ever. I gave up and walked in the streets, but that's also dangerous since they are still reduced to single lanes banked with huge snow piles. 

The high will be 17 degrees tomorrow. I think I'll be staying in. I miss my shearling coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments and do my best to follow up if you have a question. I delete spam, attempts to market other websites, and anything nasty or unintelligible. The cats and I thank you for reading — and please do leave a comment that isn't spam, etc.