Thursday, April 30, 2015

In Full Bloom

The magnolias are in full bloom and the scent was heady as I walked down Commonwealth Avenue beneath them today. Tulips and other spring bulbs are blooming in the little gardens on the sunny side of the street, too, although the tulips in the Public Garden are still just buds. This is the perfect time to walk in Back Bay. But in a few more days, all of those magnolia petals will be falling on the sidewalks, which will be slipperier than they were in the snow.

The flowers are so big and plentiful right now. Sweet-scented, too.

Someone did a great job planting tulip bulbs.

Not one petal litters the sidewalk of this splendid single-family home.

A stone planter brightens Charles Street with cinerarias, pansies, alyssum, and pussy willow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unless you are spamming me about, say, Skype, I love getting comments and do my best to follow up if you have a question. I delete ALL spam, attempts to market other websites, and anything nasty or unintelligible. The cats and I thank you for reading — and please do leave a comment that isn't spam, etc.