Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Spring on the Lagoon


We've started taking sunset walks along the Esplanade again. I'm finally back to walking at least 10,000 steps a day after a months-long break, and it feels good, mentally and physically. (But my feet and joints appreciated the long rest after four solid years of meeting my target, even if it meant jogging in place barefoot on a hard wooden floor. No more of that... well, maybe just a little!) 

Since the weather has cooled down to spring-like temperatures I'm a lot less cranky about being outside nowadays. The flowering trees have been spectacular, but there's a different pleasure in seeing their petals dusting the grass like pink confetti. The baby ducks have arrived, too.

Esplanade walks after dinner are one of the many reasons why I love my Back Bay neighborhood and would have trouble moving too far away. We've had NO second thoughts about the big, pretty house we didn't buy in Newton, and we've stopping looking so far from the city. We're beginning to realize that the old chestnut, "location, location, location" isn't just about real-estate value. For us, it's about making the best choice for everyday happiness. Yes, we could get to the Esplanade by T or bus from almost anywhere. But we wouldn't. One of us is too busy ("overworked," I'd call it) and the other one is lazy. And while we still dream of a roof deck or a small city garden, there's a lot to be said for having the Esplanade and the Public Garden in one's backyard.

1 comment:

  1. Great shot! You caught the light under the bridge perfectly and that just pops.

    ReplyDelete

Unless you are spamming me about, say, Skype, I love getting comments and do my best to follow up if you have a question. I delete ALL spam, attempts to market other websites, and anything nasty or unintelligible. The cats and I thank you for reading — and please do leave a comment that isn't spam, etc.