Sunday, November 8, 2015

Color in the Public Garden

A wee Boston secret for those of you from away: the real autumn color happens around here in November. It's usually quite a beautiful month, like a second October. So plan your leaf-peeping for later, when it's less crowded and hotel rates are down. 

Here are some photos from the Public Garden on Friday:


We're nowhere near peak yet, although some trees have lost their leaves. The weather was balmy, more like September.


These were taken less than an hour before sunset, which happens right after lunch these days. Okay, it happens around 4:30... but, c'mon... I do not see the point of it getting dark in the mid afternoon.


This golden tree was worth the price of admission all by itself. Wait, it's free.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting these gorgeous pictures! The season I miss most is fall in Boston.

    ReplyDelete

Unless you are spamming me about, say, Skype, I love getting comments and do my best to follow up if you have a question. I delete ALL spam, attempts to market other websites, and anything nasty or unintelligible. The cats and I thank you for reading — and please do leave a comment that isn't spam, etc.