Wednesday, November 11, 2015

The Many Moods of Harris, The Most Important Cat

As many of you know, Harris was adopted from Kitten Associates, where he was a star pupil at Miss Robin's School of Modeling.* 

Harris decided to join me for an impromptu photo session yesterday. He gave me a range of moods and expressions in just a few seconds. He is a trained professional. But since he is also an artist, his work is never one-dimensional or obvious. Harris and his expressions are always open to interpretation. (Except that he is always The Most Important Cat. That question has been settled for all time.) 

So you decide:

Scheming? Or just a little cranky?

Long-suffering and patient? Or very sleepy?

Yawning? Or singing an aria?

Imitating a vampire? Or a happy shark?

"I'm ready for my close-up, Mr. DeMille," or "Put that thing down and pet me, dammit"?

Sleepy again? Or feeling shy from too much attention?

Radiating contentment? Or seeing right through us?


* See some of Robin Olson's cat photography and read her blog, Covered in Cat Hair.

1 comment:

  1. Scheming
    Sleepy
    Yawning (if it was an aria his nose would have been pointed up for projection of the vocals)
    Vampire
    pat me,
    shy
    and absolutely contentment..

    ReplyDelete

Unless you are spamming me about, say, Skype, I love getting comments and do my best to follow up if you have a question. I delete ALL spam, attempts to market other websites, and anything nasty or unintelligible. The cats and I thank you for reading — and please do leave a comment that isn't spam, etc.