Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Here We Are.... Waiting


It's nearly Christmas Eve, and the decorating, baking, cards, and shopping are done, the presents are wrapped and under the tree, and... oh, wait! One package hasn't arrived although UPS said it would, and I waited at home all day. (For some reason, UPS delivers almost all of our packages between 6 and 8 pm although, if we go out for as little as a half hour during the day, that's when they'll show up.)

Darn that Amazon Prime; orders reliably arrive in two days all year long, lulling us into a false sense of security until it's the eve of Christmas Eve... and then they leave us in the lurch when it counts.  It happens with at least one package every year.

If we're lucky we'll find our box on the porch tomorrow night... since we will be out all afternoon and evening.

Aside from my shipping tirade, I have few to no complaints! Merry Christmas! I'm going to eat Christmas cookies and watch the rest of the mesmerizing and baffling second season of Transparent. 

3 comments:

  1. Your tree looks exquisite! Here's to a happy Christmas and a wish that you get everything you want for the holidays...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a Merry Christmas too and all the best for 2016.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and do my best to follow up if you have a question. I delete spam, attempts to market other websites, and anything nasty or unintelligible. The cats and I thank you for reading — and please do leave a comment that isn't spam, etc.