Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Recent Adorableness: Lion, Hot and Cold



It's cold! It's in the low 60s in our apartment even though the thermostat is set more than 10 degrees higher. It's a drafty old place and we need new windows and caulking. The problem is that some of the cats liked to remove the Mor-Tite rope caulking we used for years on our windows and joints. We'd find it lying around after it had been carried or dragged some distance, and we'd worry about whether any of it was eaten. So no more of that.

It's easier to be cold. And it may inspire us to find a safer solution, although that probably requires a trip to the hardware store, and we're already feeling too cold to contemplate going out.

Lion, above, has found a warm spot on the radiator cover, but he's also partially lying on a cold windowsill. He is being a true cat by having it all, being warm and cool at the same time. This is an example of a feline phenomenon I noticed when I was in college, which I called the Inful-Outful Dichotomy. I wrote about it back in 2009 when we first got Wendy and Possum.

2 comments:

  1. we use window plastic.. it helps a lot. https://jet.com/product/detail/1e8c3e9152694a77a0f27089845cf3a1

    ReplyDelete
  2. so long as MOST of the cat is warm, that counts :)

    ReplyDelete

Unless you are spamming me about, say, Skype, I love getting comments and do my best to follow up if you have a question. I delete ALL spam, attempts to market other websites, and anything nasty or unintelligible. The cats and I thank you for reading — and please do leave a comment that isn't spam, etc.