Monday, February 22, 2016

Catching Up

It takes days for my photos to load onto this laptop from my phone, and so I can't keep you up to date on local news. Last night about 70 photos finally loaded, so I have some catching up to do. But before I show you my friend Connie's current crop of foster kittens and their mother, or a few other things, I need to show you What Didn't Happen Last Night.

We were making our preparations before settling in to watch Downton Abbey — both the repeat of last week's show and the second-to-last episode at 9 pm. My husband made popcorn for himself. I was having milk and cookies.

I heard this before I went in to see what it was:

 Nom, nom, nom

At this point, my husband and I were alternating between chastising Possum 
and saying, "This never happened." So what if some of the popcorn is soggy?

He was feeling a little defensive at this point.
No one had told him NOT to eat the popcorns, after all. And they were there.

I agree with Possum that milk and popcorn (he insists on calling them "popcorns") don't go that well together. It was kind of him not to stick his nose in my glass.

By the time I took these final photos below, he knew the jig was up and was already plotting his next attack on the popcorn bowl, when it was in front of the TV.


3 comments:

  1. Yes, you have to be very specific with cats.. they are quite literal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! I have followed Downton Abbey too, and will miss it, and feel it is all feeling a bit rushed just now. We are caring for my daughter's little dogs Foxi and Andrew while she is on vacation, and Foxi unzipped a small Trader Joe's cooler, and ate (not telling this to our daughter) an entire pepperoni. I didn't know dogs could unzip things, but then again she opened my purse and removed a lip balm. I put my coffee down yesterday, and it was empty when I came back to it. She then peed on my kitchen rug. So I relate. And yet, I will miss them when their Mom comes home...we meet her tomorrow at Logan. No pepperoni until they are gone!! By the way, Foxi is a min pin...so buyer beware!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cat is more fun than Downton was....fell asleep and had to watch on my laptop the next day.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and do my best to follow up if you have a question. I delete spam, attempts to market other websites, and anything nasty or unintelligible. The cats and I thank you for reading — and please do leave a comment that isn't spam, etc.