Tuesday, November 1, 2016

It's Always Turkey Time in Mount Auburn Cemetery

We always try to visit Mt. Auburn Cemetery in the fall. On a recent rainy Sunday visit, the trees weren't at their peak yet but the turkeys were. I counted eighteen. Luckily we were in the car, or they might have decided us to make us into their own version of turkey dinner. Turkeys are surprisingly big and intimidating. 


I don't think the cemetery's founders imagined that it would be this kind of bird sanctuary:


That said, I think wild turkeys are cool. Where else do we get to see them in all their glory aside from Thanksgiving decorations?

SaveSave

2 comments:

  1. Wow, the colors of the leaves and the turkey feathers! Lovely...well, for a cemetary...

    ReplyDelete
  2. we occasionally get them walking through our yard.. it's always a spectacle when I see them, their not being well populated when I was growing up

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and do my best to follow up if you have a question. I delete spam, attempts to market other websites, and anything nasty or unintelligible. The cats and I thank you for reading — and please do leave a comment that isn't spam, etc.